Full Job Description
The Sales Representative is responsible for generating leads and meeting sales goals. Duties will include creating sales presentations, product demonstrations and negotiating contracts with potential customers. The Sales Representative has an expert understanding of the sales process and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience selling beverages or other product to regional and national accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, economics, business administration, or related field.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills; ability to quickly build rapport with customers and coworkers.
- Commitment to excellent customer service.
- Exhibits understanding of the sales process and methods.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and ERP systems.
- Mathematical aptitude and strong attention to detail with minimal errors.
- Persuasive communication abilities – both verbally and written.
- Some travel is required and may include overnight stays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributing to the constant development of HRJCO Sales and Marketing department and sales growth of Hood River Juice Company.
- Generating leads and locating opportunities to expand client base.
- Meeting or exceeding sales goals.
- Networking with prospective clients to persuade them to bring their business to the company.
- Giving sales presentations to prospective clients.
- Conduct sampling and product demonstration.
- Coordinating sales efforts with marketing programs.
- Understanding and promoting company programs and products.
- Visiting clients and potential clients to evaluate needs or promoted products and services.
- Negotiating sales agreements with prospective clients.
- Helping determine pricing schedules for quotes, promotions, and negotiations.
- Preparing weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reports for Director of Sales and Marketing and CEO.
- Generating and submitting sales orders.
- Maintaining client records.
- Manage communication with customers and vendors, and internally.
- Works to foster lasting relationships with client base.
- Collaborate with customers to ensure proper execution of their order, answering questions about products and prices.
Professional office environment: General working hours are 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday through Friday. Expected to work weekends or extended hours to attend sales and marketing events or to complete time sensitive sales projects. Local and national travel to visit clients is also required.
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing; must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time. Involves up to 90% sitting while working at a computer/video display terminal and up to 10% walking, driving to customer locations, carrying, lifting to 45lbs. and distributing information and supplies. May stand for prolonged periods of time when doing product demonstrations. Must be able to type on a keyboard. Repetitive fine motor movement.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability