The Bottling Supervisor is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of bottling duties while ensuring daily production goals are achieved or exceeded. Maintain a positive and supportive work environment. Ensures the team continuously operates according to all company policies and procedures including GMPs, SSOPs, SOPs, and HACCP. Troubleshoots production and/or quality issues and makes corrections. Participates in continuous improvement activities.
Qualifications: Previous experience in a supervisory or leadership role, preferably in manufacturing. Must demonstrate strong organization, prioritization, problem-solving and communication skills. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Complete required Hood River Juice Company training programs including GMP, HACCP, and others. Bilingual Spanish/English language preferred.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise, motivate, and provide ongoing daily direction to Bottling Team including providing positive feedback and coaching to improve performance.
- Schedule staff as appropriate to achieve production and labor goals including scheduling of breaks and lunches. Communicate schedule to staff including any changes in a timely manner.
- Ensure all pre-operation procedures, checks and activities are completed and line is ready to operate on time including set-up of bottle and box printers.
- Ensure correct raw materials are available at the production area and ready for use on time.
- Supervise product change over. Verify completion of current product and all materials for next product are available and correct.
- Properly operates all packaging line equipment, relieves employees as needed.
- Ensure all required reports, forms and inventory documentation is complete and correct.
- Ensure all employee safety, food safety and quality policies and procedures are always followed.
- Monitor production performance and communicates status to all team members. Makes corrections as necessary to achieve performance goals.
- Safely use semi to move trailers of bottles and finished product.
- Driving a forklift to load and unload trucks, move materials throughout the warehouse.
- Ensure all shutdown procedures are properly completed including sanitation.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
- Prioritize work and maintain high quality standards.
- Obtain and maintain a HRJCO Forklift Driver’s certification.
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Packaging and Warehouse Manager, Production Manager or Operations Manager.
- Manufacturing and warehouse environment – will involve walking or standing on uneven, oftentimes wet surfaces.
- Indoor/outdoor, wide range of temperatures.
- Work around noisy machinery.
- The hours and days scheduled to work may change based on workload.
- Required to wear company provided apron/smock or uniform. Employee to provide and wear appropriate footwear (e.g., nonabsorbent, rubber boots).
- Standing or walking – 95% of time, may include lifting, bending, reaching, twisting, pushing, and pulling. Must be able to consistently move hands and arms quickly. Must be able to lift or move up to 50 pounds on a regular basis. Able to reach, grasp, hold, handle items, and work with the fingers, wrists, elbows, and shoulders.
- Sitting at a workstation 5% of time.
- Adequate hearing for working safely around machinery, forklifts, and other equipment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
Job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screen (including marijuana), and background check. HRJCO is an equal opportunity employer.
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability