The Pasteurizer Operator is responsible for all facets of pasteurization. Operates continuous flow of vat-type equipment to process fruit juice following specified methods and formulas. Operates processing equipment, adhering to all quality, productivity, OSHA, and safety standards set forth by the company, federal and state regulations. Responsible for proper cleaning and sanitation of pasteurizer room, to include washing inside of tanks and filling tanks and silos. May perform duties as member of crew.
Qualifications: The individual in this position must be able to perform the essential functions of this position, as outlined by the above job description. Must be able to assemble and disassemble equipment for proper cleaning and sanitizing. Must adhere to established testing procedures and provide required samples to the laboratory in accordance with policies and procedures. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a frequent basis. Must be able to work independently with limited supervision and able to communicate with others as necessary to ensure safe work practices.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
I. Pasteurizer/Tanker Wash Operator
- Meet or exceed production requirements.
- Communicate problems to keep the operation running.
- Maintain product quality standards by adhering to HACCP requirements and other safety requirements.
- Adhere to Quality Assurance Guidelines.
- Learning and applying JPA Tanker wash requirements and following all Tanker wash SSOP’s.
- Perform other tasks as necessary and as requested by the Plant Production Manager and Supervisors.
- Perform all duties with courtesy, friendliness, and enthusiasm.
- Adhere to rules, regulations, and company policies, present and future that are published for employees.
- Prioritize work and maintain high quality standards.
- Strive to accomplish department goals.
In accordance with company policy, it is important that you show up on time and on a regular basis.
Manufacturing Environment: Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves frequent lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds. Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
Must be able to communicate effectively verbally; able to stand for extended periods of time and walk short distances consistently. Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds consistently. Walking on uneven and wet surfaces with some outside work.
Job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screen (including marijuana), and background check. HRJCO is an equal opportunity employer.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability