Pay: From $22.00 per hour
Full Job Description
The Payroll & Accounting Specialist handles all payroll related functions at Hood River Juice Company (HRJCO) and Little King Transportation (LKT). This includes processing payroll, and taxation forms, as well as maintaining employee data, handling payroll questions, and completing any other tasks necessary for monitoring and overseeing the Company’s payroll process. The Payroll & Accounting Specialist also supports the Finance Department by assisting with accounts payable, accounts receivable and general accounting related functions.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, ability to prepare accurate and timely payroll
- Proficiency in using automated tools: (e.g., Excel, QuickBooks, SAP Business One) is desired
- Prior experience and knowledge of HRIS and payroll software
- Food processing, manufacturing and transportation background is highly desirable
- 1+ years of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and general ledger accounting experience
- 1+ years of Payroll processing experience
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Act as the primary contact for payroll and effectively communicate policies, processes, and requirements to employees.
- Completes bi-weekly full-cycle payroll processing and ad-hoc final pay for separating employees.
- Verifies validity of weekly timecards with management, supervisors, and staff.
- Review time and attendance, payroll, and benefits information to detect and reconcile discrepancies.
- Enters, maintains, and updates employee information and payroll data into the payroll system.
- Ensures compliance with federal, multi-state (including CA), wage and hour laws.
- Company main point of contact for child support orders, garnishments.
- Completes and submits monthly reporting to Bureau of Labor Statistics..
- Performs journal entries, account reconciliations and provides general ledger support.
- Team-oriented, willingness to assist wherever needed, proactive communication, critical thinking, positive attitude, unwavering commitment to deadlines.
- With the Human Resources department, actively support and participate in benefit open enrollment periods including employee outreach and communication.
- Support Staff Accountant and HR Manager with periodic ad-hoc requests for payroll information and reports.
- Assist with Accounting/Finance department workload and complete assigned special projects.
Professional office environment. Role includes sitting at a computer/video display terminal and periodically walking and gathering information from employees. General working hours are 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday through Friday. These hours and days may change based on workload and deadlines.
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written. Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Must be able to type on a keyboard.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We follow CDC and Oregon Health Authority COVID-19 guidelines including social distancing, face coverings, hand washing/sanitizing, and regular cleaning/sanitation of workspaces.
- Payroll: 2 years (Preferred)