The Press Operator is responsible for operating the juice press, cleaning fruit pulp off the floor and pushing the pulp bins into their proper positions. The press operation consists of filling press bags from a mash tank with hoses. The press operator powers the press that extracts juice from pulp and positions empty press bags into press. Uses touch operated computer screen to release pulp from mash tank into press bags. Starts press using touch screen. During cleaning, removes filter bags or pulls cart from press and dumps fruit pulp residue into container. The pulp puller is a component of the press operator position in that the duties rotate with the press operator duties and involves plant sanitation cleaning and transferring fruit pulp as stated above. May perform other duties as crew member, including fruit sorting, plant cleaning and bottling line operator.
- Must meet or exceed production requirements.
- Communicate problems in order to keep the operation running.
- Maintain product quality standards by adhering to HACCP requirements and other safety requirements.
- Adhere to Quality Assurance Guidelines.
- Perform other tasks as necessary and as requested by the Production Manager or Production Supervisor.
- The individual in this position must be able to work consistently with other individuals on the press and pulp team to produce juice in the most efficient and productive manner.
- Must be able to operate an electric pallet jack for transfer of pulp bins.
- Must be able to work independently with limited supervision and able to communicate with others as necessary to ensure safe work practices.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
- Involves at least 95% of the time standing or walking, part of which may include scooping up to 50 lbs.; lifting, bending and reaching; pushing and pulling bins.
- Exposure to heat, cold, and humidity at moderate to high levels; exposure to dust, fumes, and chemicals at moderate levels; noise at moderate to high levels.
- May involve walking on concrete and metal surfaces with uneven and sometimes wet, surfaces.
- Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; protective clothing, eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, and work boots.
- Must wear company supplied uniform.
Graveyard = $1.00 shift differential
Job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screen (including marijuana), and background check. HRJCO is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person