Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Under the supervision of the Quality Assurance Manager and Supervisor, the QA Technician/QA Assistant is responsible for the execution of the laboratory by providing up to date, accurate chemical and microbiological analysis necessary for the quality control of juice and juice drinks, as well as data entry. The QA Assistant will also be responsible for compiling data and sending pertinent information to customers in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately enters all lab analysis in database and maintains database for use in making informed decisions regarding operations.
- Prepare all necessary reagents used in the laboratory.
- Clean all glassware and plastic, along with a thorough cleaning of the laboratory when needed.
- Gather and prepare samples for tastings, analysis and bench top trials.
- Perform all required analysis in accordance with established SOPs, Good Laboratory practices and in compliance with established certifications and standards.
- Maintain clean lab work areas.
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting on all laboratory equipment.
- Review production and customer documentation for completeness and accuracy.
- Be able to organize work flow.
- Be able to interpret analysis and make recommendations.
- Monitor stock of all lab supplies, and order as is necessary.
- Be able to work under supervision, in teams and alone.
- Be able to work extended hours as necessary.
- Assists in product receiving and verification.
- Specific responsibilities will be assigned to individuals as needed.
QA Technician: Associates Degree in Science or High School Diploma with laboratory experience.
QA Assistant: Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in Science or 2+ years agricultural/food related laboratory experience.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to learn other software and equipment as required. Experience with HPLC preferred.
- Strong decision-making skills, problem analysis skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Experience in a laboratory environment familiarity with equipment, and safety procedures.
- Spanish/other foreign language skills a plus
Work Environment: Professional office environment: Involves 50% sitting at a desk or computer/video display terminal, 40% standing and 10% walking. The plant operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The Quality Assurance department schedule supports plant production. Employee schedules (e.g., hours and days) may change based on operational requirements.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time. Must be able to type on a keyboard.
Note: Job descriptions are not intended and should not be construed to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with a job. Jobs are organic in nature and may change from time to time. Job descriptions are intended to be accurate reflections of those principal job elements essential for making fair pay decisions about jobs.