The Staff Accountant will be responsible for assisting with the preparation of monthly financial analysis reports. The successful candidate will have experience with daily cash forecasting to manage limited resources, assist with financial reporting and operations and will resolve accounting issues.
The Staff Accountant position is responsible for multiple accounting functions including: accounts payable, accounts receivable, maintaining daily and monthly bank accounts, cash balances, reconciling general ledger accounts, etc.
- Proven working experience as a Staff Accountant
- Degree in Accounting
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures (GAAP)
- Proficiency in using automated tools – QuickBooks, Excel, Word, and SAP Business One is desired
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Self-starter, ability to take on new tasks without being asked.
- Self-directed, ability to begin and complete tasks effectively
- Strong time and task management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and excellent use of logic
- Willingness to question everything, constantly searching for process and profitability improvements
- Effective communication skills, including being proactive in providing status updates on assignments
- Leadership skills to motivate and guide accounting team members to attain established goals
- Food processing and manufacturing experience is highly desirable
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Reconcile monthly transactions
- Assist with month end close and preparation of monthly financial statements
- Assist with regulatory reporting
- Assist with monthly bank reconciliations
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Assist with A/R and A/P; be involved with volume and cross training of accounting team
Role includes sitting at a desk and engaging with others in the role as a business partner. Normal working hours are 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday through Friday. These hours and days may change based on work load and deadlines.
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbal and written and be able to sit and type.
Job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screen (including marijuana), and background check. HRJCO is an equal opportunity employer.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday