The Plant Maintenance Technician will be part of a team that is responsible for the installation, maintenance, inspection, diagnostics and repair of processing and support equipment in a food manufacturing environment to ensure the safe and uninterrupted flow of production.
This position should be knowledgeable of electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, mechanical and electromechanical systems concepts and operation. Also should have knowledge of trouble-shooting industrial control systems and operations including PLCs and related sensors and drives. Experience is preferred but not required. On-the-job training will be provided.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Perform routine maintenance and inspection of production equipment and machinery
- Perform a wide variety of diagnostic and repair operations on industrial equipment, machinery and control systems using manuals, schematics and blueprints as a reference
- Assist with the install and startup of new equipment
- Be available to work overtime when necessary
- Adhere to OSHA and company rules, regulations, and policies
- Strive to accomplish department goals
Manufacturing Environment: Involves up to 40+ hours per week on a schedule that meets the company needs. The hours and days may change based on work load and business needs.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand/sit/crouch/kneel/reach for long periods of time on hard surfaces
- Involves walking/standing on uneven or wet hard/metal surfaces with outside work
- Must wear company supplied uniform
Job offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug screen (including marijuana), and background check. HRJCO is an equal opportunity employer.
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability