The Fruit Sorter aids in production and quality control by grading and sorting fruit according to factors such as color, species, length, width, appearance, feel, smell, and quality to ensure correct processing and usage.
- Discard inferior or defective fruit and/or foreign matter, and leave acceptable fruit in production line for further processing.
- Scoop floor debris and clean area as required for safety purposes. Record necessary tallies as required for proper documentation.
- Participate in plant sanitation cleaning, clean press bags and position clean press bags into the pressing equipment as trained.
- Meet or exceed production requirements.
- Communicate problems in order to keep the operation running.
- Maintain product quality standards by adhering to HACCP requirements and other safety requirements.
- Adhere to Quality Assurance Guidelines.
- Perform other tasks as necessary and as requested by the Plant Production Manager or Production Supervisor.
Qualifications: The individual in this position must be able to perform the essential functions of this position, as outlined by the above description.
- Must be able to maintain concentration on the fruit quality in close proximity to moving conveyer equipment.
- Must be able to work closely with others on the production team and communicate with others as necessary to ensure safe work practices.
- Must be able follow safety guidelines and procedures.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements: Manufacturing Environment:
- Involves at least 95% of the time standing or sitting, part of which may include cleaning involving scooping up to 50 lbs. and some lifting, bending and reaching.
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time and step up to raised work platform. This position performs repetitive tasks in an assembly setting and employee must be able to bend, reach and use arms to sort fruit by moving quickly on a consistent basis.
- Exposure to heat, cold, and humidity at moderate to high levels; exposure to dust, fumes, and chemicals at moderate levels; noise at moderate to high levels.
- May involve walking on concrete and metal surfaces with uneven and sometimes wet, surfaces.
- Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; protective clothing, eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, and work boots.
- Loose fitting clothes and jewelry are not permitted.
Due to the environment of the plant and the operation of machinery, the employee must be able to read and communicate effectively in English. The hours and days worked could vary based on production needs. May be required to work on scheduled day off.
Graveyard = additional $1.00 shift differential pay.
Qualified applicants only, no phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screening and basic background check prior to employment. HRJCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person